You are asked to propose a new typo/graphic identity for the museum that includes print, screen and environmental applications (inc. logo and signage), together with typographic guidelines that reinforce the value and power of design from the inside out.
From a very a young age we are taught the basics of design through the use of shapes and how only certain things fit a particular area.
To grasp a new audience to the museum the brand needs to appeal to basic human design thinking, bringing it back to shapes. This can be done in an abstract way, in a way which someone doesn’t need to think about it, but for it to come natural. Each shape or exhibition can be catered to an area of design, for example, graphic design or fashion.
Create advertisements, a social footprint and a necessary website to fit.
Using a variety of colours which are easy on the eye and can identify between different insurance types. I created a site which caters towards the two insurance types it offers, making a simple yet effective landing page.
Say it & Spray it is a campaign for youtube channel in the hope to promote grime music within Bournemouth. I started by sketching some designs up and experimenting with different font types upon finally deciding on a handwritten style font to give the feel of it being done by a permanent marker, connecting with the style of graffiti but with a modern twist.
Once the logo was done, I dabbled with a introduction video for it, using a template and customising to the needs for the channel.
I finalised by creating a background for the youtube channel to help build a stronger feel for the channel, giving the whole thing a more professional look.
My Final Major Project for college we was tasked to create our own brief and to create something to feature in a exhibition, choosing what to do was probably the hardest part of it all! I decided to try my hand at something new – package design. Researching into many package designs including that of ‘Innocent Smoothies’ & ‘Jimmy’s Iced Coffee’.
The name was an interesting part of the process, I wanted to give the brand a personal feel and so chose to called it Mickey’s Milkshakes as it rolls off the tongue and is easy to pronounce and remember. Throughout the project I wanted to stick to giving it a personal feel, I achieved within the logo and slogan – ‘Made from 100% happy cows’, meaning that even the cows enjoy making the milkshakes, no unhappy cows in the process of making Mickey’s Milkshakes!
On the carton features:
Front – Name, flavour, picture and slogan.
Sides – History, process of making the milkshakes, nutritional information, amount & calorie counter.
Back – Ingredients, suitable for vegetarians logo & recycling information.
I created several advert designs as this was going to be the piece that grabbed the attention of passers-by. Drawing on the slogan, one of my advert featured a digitally edited cow to give it that all important smile!
Upon finishing my adverts and picking a final favourite, I needed to create my milk cartons in 5 different colours… I mean flavours! After 10s of experiments and several disassembled cartons from Sainsbury’s later, I finally came up with a working carton (without the bottle-top).
Now everything has been made up, all was needed was to print my advert in A1 and then to display my Milkshake in my designated exhibition space.
I was designated a project for college in which I decided to create a magazine about what interests me – graphic design!
I started by researching vastly into graphical magazines for inspiration about what I could include. After the research stage was the plan/sketching stage in which I sketched out various layouts and logo designs upon deciding on a final one.
Next was the tricky part, creating content! I looked at what I enjoyed and what could of helped me when I was starting in the graphic world. I decided upon tips, articles, gadgets and I took upon myself to interview… myself!
Once that was out of the way, I got dirty in inDesign where I create the magazine & layout, taking special care to the file formats and bleed lines. An annoying point in the creation process was trying to piece everything together without pages being in the wrong order.